Subject: Re: Flyer
From: [email-masked] (Dave Barnard)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 10:37 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

"Ron " <[email-masked]> said:

> Is it just me, or does the lack of timecode in/out seem like 
> a real drawback on the Flyer.

Well, AVID systems don't have actual time code reading ability either, they
rely on the deck having a built-in timecode reader and an RS-422 interface.

The timecode data is transmitted to the computer RS-232 port as digital data 
from the deck's RS-422 data stream, via logic interfacing.

Mind you, this means you *have* to use an expensive deck to digitise your 
rushes which IMO is pretty poor for such an expensive system. 

I would think that the Flyer will work in a similar way, with similar
deck control link to that with the Nucleus PSFC.

BTW, the ability to read real VITC and LTC is one on the prime reasons we have
just bought a D-Vision system at LCP. It's also much cheaper than AVID... :)

>--- Dave ---<